Monday, July 28, 2008

Vagina Vagina Vagina. Will you hold my purse? Pass me a tampon, please.

There. That should keep the men off the page.

I have been blogging my FEELINGS that randomly occur as a consequence to signing up for step-motherhood. I am not looking to start trouble, nor do I intend to be a mouthpiece for ALL stepmothers. I know there's probably one or two, who have a perfect situation...I just have never heard of one or met one.

That being said, I seem to have struck a chord...hahah.

DISCLAIMER: If there are still any biological parents reading this, please know that all stepmothers everywhere are thrilled to have the responsibility and privilege of helping support and raise your darling angels. We would never dream of criticizing them, ever. They are wonderful children, really....

That being said....I don't know WHERE some of these dark, and violent feelings of hostility and resentment come from. Sure, it's not all the time....but when they do, they need to be expressed, otherwise, I might not react as reasonably and lovingly as you normally witness.

I am entrusted with the care of my husband's teenage daughter, whose life was previously derailed by her dimwit of an alcoholic mother. I have to hold my husband somewhat accountable for enabling her horseshit for so long, although I think the courts give fathers a raw deal, and he was doing the best he could at the time, and is a VERY involved father....as an ex-wife myself, I know that ex-wives don't SUDDENLY become bitches. This transformation usually takes awhile, and there is usually an ex-husband involved to inspire the mutation.

I didn't get that way all by myself.

Having gotten older and wiser, I am more respectful and observant of my own boundaries and the more I honor them, the best it's been for everyone involved.

There are times, however, when the borders of those boundaries are breached, and the need to not react is critical...

There is not much "support" for stepparents that I'm aware of, and seriously...who wants to listen to a bunch of whining and complaining from a bunch of masochists who SIGNED UP FOR THIS.

I don't want to be a martyr. I'd really like to make this work for everyone and have it be a GOOD experience. I'd like to say I benefit in some way as well. I need to put all my "observations" somewhere or else people will get hurt. If I've managed to touch a nerve or bring an issue into focus that someone else recognizes as their own, well...good for me.

There needs to be a way to talk about this stuff, so children don't get hurt, and so stepmothers get to keep their dignity.

:) Read at your own risk.

1 comment:

twobuyfour said...

AAAARGH! MY EYES! THEY'RE BURNING!!
No more discussion of feelings! You're KILLING me.

I'm going straight to ESPN.com for a little PTI.