Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Congratulations, Waiter!!!



I'd never been to a book signing before, but after being a longtime reader and commenter on Waiter Rant (waiterrant.net), and seeing the wonderful article on "The Waiter", in the Post, I knew I couldn't miss his book signing.

He was engaging, funny, articulate, down to earth...truly grateful for the wonderful response his writing has generated (not to mention the media attention)...and it was really nice to get to share his moment.

The questions people asked were thoughtful and enthusiastic, and I thought his response to mine ("Would you ever own a restaurant?") was entertaining and greatly appreciated by his audience.
As there were a couple of television cameras filming the book signing , I made sure to cheat myself towards the camera (Drama 101) and put on my most enthralled and "involved" face. I wanted to make sure he got good "reaction" shots and oh yeah, I'm a complete ham.


Congratulations Waiter, on a very successful book signing! :)

2 comments:

Slim said...

That.is.awesome. I used to read his blog religiously but these days my spare time is reserved for using the bathroom and sleeping because I only have so much (time, that is...I have plenty of urine).

I'm so excited that you met the waiter and am totally thrilled that you got to meet him. And...a little jealous...you kinda suck.

The Lovely and Talented said...

ahahaha...It's possible that I might actually suck.

Did I mention I was on TV? hahahahahah....A coworker thinks he saw me, because he knew I was going and figured I'd be in front. hahahahahahah. Now I REALLY suck.